Scrum appears simple, yet has prcatices that deeply influence the work experience and that capture key adaptive and agile qualities. Scrum’s distinctive emphasis among the methods is it’s strong promotion of self directed teams, daily team measurement, and avoidance of prescriptive process. Some key practices include;
- Self directed and self organizing team
- No external addition of work to an iteration, once chosen
- Daily stand up meeting with special questions
- Usually 30 calendar day iterations
- Demo to external stakeholders at the end of each iteration
- Each iteration, client driven adaptive planning
The following video will explain the key components and characters of SCRUM in ten minutes.