The sprint retrospective meeting is time boxed to 3 hours.
- It is attended only by the team, the scrum master and the product owner. The product owner is optional.
- Start the meeting by having all team members answer two questions;
1) What went well during the sprint?
2) What could be improved in the next sprint?
- The scrum master writes down the team’s answers in summary form.
- The team prioritizes in which order it wants to talk about the potential improvements.
- The scrum master is not in this meeting to provide answers, but to facilitate the team’s search for better ways for the scrum process to work for it.
- Actionable items that can be added to the next sprint should be devised as high-priority non functional product backlog. Retrospectives that dont result in change are sterile and frustrating.
From ‘agile project management with scrum’ by Ken Schwaber
4 Replies to “SPRINT retrospective meeting”