This simple and effective book, is a very practical guide to convert the workplace into a more vibrant and enjoyable place. Let me try to recollect the basics of this book.
1) Work places can have lot of ‘toxic energy dumps’. Meaning negative energy (gossip, back biting, frowning, complaining, blaming etc….).
2) Choose your attitude. There is always a choice about the way you do your work, even if there is not a choice about the work itself. Do not allow the surroundings to determine your attitude at the work place (can be your days as well). You choose your attitude. Choose the attitude of positivity. Every day morning, tell yourself that “I am going to enjoy this day by doing the best I can”.
3) Play. Play your work. Make it fun filled, and enjoy it to the core.
4) Make their day. Include others into the play. While making your day memorable, help others to make their days also memorable.
5) Be present. Focus on the ‘NOW’. Always live in the present, and look for opportunities to play and make their days memorable.
Authors : Stephen C Lundin, Harry Paul and John Christensen