Must thank my old colleague Satya for organizing this get together of our old team at Novell, Bangalore. We had a gala time, and it was all laughter. Mathew,KK,Satya,Hari and myself spent a wonderful evening together. The same day I met Srini, and spoke to Justin too. A day of catching up and sharing the achievements.
More than friendship, I was really happy to realize that I managed this team of brilliant people for almost five years, and even after leaving Novell (none of these guys are with Novell now), we are still a great team, when we come together. That is quite satisfying. What makes this team tick?, If my reading is right;
- We did some wonderful projects together, which got tremedous appreciation
- Each one of us were good at something. We were individually brilliant and at the same time were brilliant collectively also. A team of individually brilliant people first, with an ability to contribute.
- We had to face many challenges together
- We had our own space to operate
- We had some common interests, outside work
- The company taught us to respect each other
- None of us were political in nature
- We always liked to think diffrently and innovate
- When in need, we were always there to help
- Friends first, then team members
Have a nice day.