This is a quote I got from Craig Brown. Thank you Craig. This is a great eye opener. ‘If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail”. This is well evidenet, when;
- The PMBOK supporters say that that is the defacto global standard for project management.
- The PRINCE2 supporters say that PRINCE2 is the defacto global standard for project management.
- When the Agile thinkers say that both PMBOK and PRINCE are useless, without even taking the pain to understand them inside out.
- When the CMM proponents say that CMM is the answer for all your capability issues.
- When the consultants propose the same methodology/framework to all companies/teams, without considering their uniqueness.
Keep your eyes and ears open. What works for you the best is the best. Adopt whatever works for you. All these models are great reference material to do so.